Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fair time!

I did so much better than I thought I would!

We walked around for two and half hours... that was my only exercise, but let me tell ya... my back and feet were so tired by the end!

I had water, some sips of Luke's Dr. Pepper and a taco thingy. Then Luke and I shared some funnel cake but neither one of us could finish it off. I stopped eating it when it didn't taste yummy any more... so like bite #12 or something. Then we got these yummy roasted pecan's.

I know it may sound silly, but i have been in mindless mode for so long that just acknowledging that I could stop eating something before it was gone is like, a huge thing! Two weeks ago, I would have just gone until the whole thing was gone and then thought about getting another one! No joke.

Before we got there I knew I was going to have water because I can for sure cut back on calories with that alone. Then I knew I wanted to get a funnel cake and those pecans. I looked the calories up on line and they weren't near as bad as I thought they would be... and they are yummy! The taco thingy I h ad was super spicy hot, so this is why I had to get a few gulps of Dr. Pepper! My water wasn't cutting up the spice very well.

The free petting zoo part of the fair was SO FUN! Lillyan loved petting the sheep, dear, goats, and horse's. She called all of them puppies. It was cute. We didn't ride any rides, but Luke and I both spent more money than we should have trying to win Lilly a monkey. In the end, she got it, and hasn't let it our of her sight since! She was so happy about it... she kept saying, "Monkey!" (which sounds a lot like munkee)

Today, Lilly hasn't felt well today. We shared a baked potato for lunch. And I am making a healthy version of spaghetti for dinner tonight! Lots and Lots of WATER!!!!!!

2 comments:

Dawnette Thomas said...

Day by day. Keep up the good work and the water!

Suzanne said...

I am SO proud of you for doing this even when it is so hard. You are doing great and His mercies are NEW EVERY morning! I love that and need it every day! Love You!

Xana